About the Position
The Litigation Specialist is a team member whose primary responsibility is to manage the portfolio of accounts that have been identified as requiring litigation or have filed for bankruptcy. The responsibilities may include confirming the credit worthiness of the debtor both on the business and personal guarantor, referring the account to an attorney for litigation, overseeing the litigation or bankruptcy claims, assisting with negotiating settlements and maintaining litigation and bankruptcy filings.
- Promptly respond to bankruptcy filings and legal collection accounts prepared for litigation
- Monitor and process active bankruptcies, including administrative functions
- Communicate professionally with bankruptcy trustees
- Communicate and build relationships with outside counsel and refer litigation matters as appropriate
- Prepare accurate and complete files to provide to outside counsel including signed affidavits
- Provide resolution recommendations and/or confidently negotiate settlements with borrowers either through outside counsel or directly with borrower
- Work closely with outside counsel on LCA’s behalf to determine best course of action for litigation
- Manage expenses of litigation/settlement to ensure resources are being used appropriately
- Ensure payments for settlements are posted timely and accurately
- Must have a good understanding of loan collection, bankruptcy, repossession, regulations and legal collection processes
- Must be a self-starter, able to work independently and communication progress to management on a regular basis
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Minimum two years of bankruptcy related work
- Must be a critical thinker and comfortable being a decision maker
- Prior equipment leasing experience would be preferred
- Possess characteristics such as: common sense, teamwork, diligence, integrity, professionalism, high level of good judgment, strong sense of accountability, proactive in resolving issues
- Ability to work full time, with flexibility to work overtime as needed, in an office environment, as well as in a remote environment. Position will work remotely until state orders allow for the positon to return to the office
- Physically able to sit/stand at a computer and work in front of a computer screen for significant portions of the workday
Note: This description is not designed to encompass a comprehensive listing of required activities, duties or responsibilities.
Position will temporarily work remotely until state orders allow for the positon to return to the office. Our offices are located in Troy, MI and Park City, UT.
Lease Corporation of America can offer a comprehensive salary, along with a 401(k) plan and a full suite of benefits, including paid time off, health, dental and vision insurance.
How to Apply
Email your resume and cover letter (Word document or PDF) to VP of Human Resources Kristin Saracevic or fax them to 248-743-3144.
Equal Opportunity Employer
LCA Group is committed to providing equal employment opportunity and maintaining a workplace for employees and applicants for employment that is free from discrimination based upon age, race, religion, color, disability, marital status, gender, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, veteran or military status, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation, due to a medical condition or disability, during any part of the application, please contact the human resources department to let us know the nature of your request.
Note: Management reserves the right to assign or reassign functions and responsibilities to this job description at any time.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.