Protecting Yourself - What you need?
The single most important thing to protect your personal, and financial, information is having the proper tools installed on your computer.
All of your computers should have:
- A personal firewall that is always on
- Turn on automatic updates for your operating system
- Antivirus software that is up-to-date and run weekly
- Anti-spyware software that is up-to-date and run weekly
- A current, updated browser
- Updated versions of all other software on your system
- Strong passwords that are changed, on average, every three months